Welcome! We’re glad you are interested in becoming an UpSide team member. We are looking for an independent, quick learner that embraces technology. If you don’t take life too seriously but you’re organized and value accountability for a job well done you would fit in well here. If this sounds like you click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
A little bit about UpSide
We believe that small businesses drastically improve their communities! To do this they rely heavily on professionals like us to advise in bringing their vision to life. It doesn’t matter where we do our jobs or what time of day we work as long as the results are of the highest quality and on time. We believe in the motto ‘You work to live, not live to work’ so our team gets to pick the surroundings that are most comfortable to allow their best self to shine.
Working at UpSide
- Growth – We are constantly looking to improve. By holding regular lunch & learns, attending conferenes and webinars on various topics we stay informed in a fast-paced world.
- Health & Wellness – We recognize everyone’s needs are different. We provide a flexible spending account so that you are not out of pocket for your family’s medical expenses.
- Collaborative – We value everyone’s input because everyone is unique. We have an open and honest environment that is dependent on positivity.
- Remote – We are not your traditional 3 piece suit, 9-5 kind of firm. We work from home on our own schedule as long as deadlines are met. With this level of autonomy, we are going to have to really trust you, so we have built a multi-step video interview process.
- Lifestyle – No need to ask for an hour to go to the doctor. Work/life balance your friends will be envious of.
Key for the Role
- Customer Service – Customers come first. You’ll play an integral role in setting up and maintaining their books which will include communicating with the customer regularly.
- Growth – We put a high value on learning and growing as a person and a professional. We expect everyone to contribute their ideas to increase efficiencies or better our customer’s experience.
- Mentors – You’ll be assisting junior team members to develop the skills you possess, while your mentors will do the same for you
- Process – You’ll have a hand in building, documenting and updating our workflows so the whole team is on the same page.
- Experience – 2-3 years of online accounting and payroll experience
- Certifications – QBO Certification (Basic) is a must, QBO Advanced or other 3rd party apps are assets
A Little Bit About You
- Independent – You like taking charge of the tasks you are responsible for. Sometimes this means being resourceful with the data and tools available.
- Tech Savvy – You enjoy cool new gadgets and apps. You have run out of space on your smartphone and had to keep only your most used apps.
- Quick Learner – You can generally figure things out on your own and easily adapt to changes.
- Smiley – You don’t take life too seriously. You enjoy teaching and helping others around you.
- Accountable – You feel a sense of responsibility to see tasks through to completion.
- Organized – You like to-do lists, checkmarks and when everything is in its place.